Contract length: 1 years, extendable
Starting time: As soon as possible iSEE is a non-profit organization working for the rights of all people, including minority groups. iSEE aims to promote the values of freedom, equality, and tolerance in Vietnamese society.
Working predominantly in Hanoi and in a friendly and diverse environment, the Senior Researcher will conduct important research projects of iSEE, propose new research pathways, disseminate research findings and connect the field of academia to development.
Major responsibility: (More details in the Job Description)
- Implement and lead iSEE research projects
- Propose new strategies, topics and methodology for research projects; develop specific research projects
- Build and maintain connection with researchers, domestic and international research institutions to further develop research capacity of iSEE
- Contribute to formulating advocacy strategies, advocacy message, and identify effective channels for the organization, prioritizing the specialized fields such as LGBT, Ethnic Minority, Gender Justice …
- Participate in the fundraising activity relating to the research team and/or programs: write project proposals, look for sponsorship information and opportunities.
- Contribute to the plan building of the team and other activities of the organization
Key requirements: (More details in the Job Description)
- Master’s degree or higher in research, preferably in the field of anthropology, sociology, law, political science and other social sciences.
- Have at least 3 to 5 years of experience doing social researches
- Have adequate knowledge and strong interest in development issues
- Expert knowledge and skills in qualitative and/or quantitative research methodology
- Commitment to iSEE values, principles and practices in cultural diversity, sexual diversity, human rights based approach;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in Vietnamese and English
For those who are interested in applying for the Senior Researcher position, please send your application (letter of interest and CV with details on qualifications and experiences) to Ms. Phung Thi Tuong Van via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application form: Only via email
Deadline: 17h00 on 24/05/2019
Result announcement: Via email only to selected candidate
We welcome all applications, regardless of ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression; candidates that are belong to underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. The recruitment process is based on fair standards.
Recruitment notice (Vietnamese)